Lyon, E. G., Tolbert, S., Solís, J., Stoddart, T., & Bunch, G. C. (2016). Secondary science teaching for English learners: Developing supportive and responsive learning contexts for sense-making and language development. Lanhman, MD: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.
Stoddart, T., Solis, J. L., Lyon, E. G., Tolbert, S. (2017). Preparing pre-service secondary teachers to teach science to English Learners: Theory into Practice (pp. 97-115). In Science Teacher Preparation in Content-Based Second Language (A. Oliveira and M. Weinburgh, eds.). New York, NY: Springer.
Lyon, E. G., Tolbert, S., Stoddart, T., & Solis, J. (In preparation). Secondary science teaching with English language and literacy acquisition: Supporting English Language Learners through the Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core State Standards. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield Publishers Inc.
Stoddart, T., Pinal, A., Latzke, M., & Canaday, D. (2002). Integrating inquiry science and language development for English language learners. Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 39, 664–687.
Tolbert, S., Stoddart, T., Lyon, E., & Solis, J. (2014, Spring). The Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core State Standards, and English Learners: Using the SSTELLA Framework to Prepare Secondary Science Teachers. Issues in Teacher Education, 23(1), 65-90.
- Lyon, E.G., Stoddart, T., Solis, J., Tolbert, S., Bunch, G. C., Roth, B., et al. Teaching English Learners through Science-Language Integration: Linking a Conceptual Framework to Secondary Teacher Preparation (April, 2016). Proceedings of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching. Baltimore, MD.
- Solis, J., Lyon, E. G., & Hill, J. Observations of Preservice Secondary Science Methods Courses Addressing English Learners. (January 2016). Presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Science Teacher Education. Reno, NV. 2015
- Lyon, E.G., Tolbert, S., Roth, W., & Hill, J. (February, 2015). Preparing Secondary Pre-service Science Teacher to Teach English Learners. Presented at the annual meeting of the Association of Teacher Educators. Phoenix, AZ.
- Lyon, E.G., Tolbert, S., Solis, J., & Stoddart, T. (April, 2015). Conceptualizing a Core Set of Secondary Science Teaching Practices for English Learners. To be presented at the annual meeting of the National Association for Research in Science Teaching. Chicago, IL.
- Solis, J., Bunch, G., & Lyon, E.G. (April, 2015). “Approaching this new language together”: Views of language and literacy pedagogy of secondary novice science teachers. To be presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association. Chicago, IL.
- Lyon, E. G. (October, 2015). The Antibiotic Resistance of MRSA: Developing Supportive Science Learning and Language Development Opportunities for English Learners through NGSS and CCSS. Presented at the annual meeting of the California Science Teachers Association. Sacramento, CA